Sunday, February 17, 2008

Would Toulouse-Lautrec Have Loved Me?

And how is everyone today?
This is a picture of me in front of the three story high glass sculpture at the entrance of the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. Missy Barb, Tio Kane and Missy Linda took me there last Sunday. There is a whole exhibit of glass sculpture by Dale Chihuly that mostly look like imaginative sea life. Missy Linda loves glass works, but she settles for the kind that she can afford, you know, from garage sales, thrift stores, hobby stores and local art fairs. She is always saying how she could do her living room ceiling like they have done that ceiling in the hallway in the Chihuly exhibit. Please, if you know her, tell her that it is not possible! She knows some interior design student who thinks he could help her do it. I beg you out there, please help me discourage this venture. I will end up living in a house with a living room with no ceiling whatsoever or maybe not even a roof. I've seen how some of Missy Linda's projects turn out!

Ok, I'm feeling calmer now. I personally enjoyed the exhibit of the posters and paintings of Paris 1900. I heard people talking about Henri Toulouse-Lautrec and how small in stature he was. I also heard that he was a pretty fun-loving rascal who enjoyed the drink. Sounds fun to me! They say he was always at those Paris night clubs, like the Moulin Rouge, chasing beautiful women. I wonder if I had lived back then, if he would have loved a tiny, lonely, beautiful, Styrofoam-based, tortilla keeper person. It sounds as if he was not a lot bigger than I. I would have had a life extraordinaire! And I could have forgiven him his transgressions of the flesh if he really loved me. Do you think I have been watching too many Lifetime movies? I don't have much else to do. I will just keep Mr. Toulouse-Lautrec in my dreams.

I believe that I heard Missy Barb say that she enjoyed the landscapes the most, but maybe not the ones with the giant cows. There were a few of those. A good time was had by all, I would say.

I even enjoyed talking with the lovely young woman who was at the desk at the entrance. She told me all about how her rabbit has a blog. Unfortunately, I did not get the address. Can you imagine a rabbit with a blog? Who in the world would want to read that!

Unfortunately, I must say adieu for now. I'll talk to you again soon. I believe I will go and have a dream about living in Paris.

No comments: