Monday, February 18, 2008

Some Holiday!

Happy Presidents' Day!
I truly hope that you all have a happy day today because here it is, really early in the morning, and I already know that my day is going to be hum-drum. Missy Linda has already told me that she has to work today. That means that I won't be having a party or going someplace special or having some big fancy meal. I thought you humans really knew how to throw a birthday party! Isn't Presidents' Day supposed to celebrate the birthdays of your presidents, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln? Then where's the partying? I just don't understand you guys sometimes.

Another thing that I don't understand about Missy Linda is this work thing. (I do understand that she is not always on the normal scale of you humans.) I thought you all went someplace, usually not in your jammies, and stayed there all day for work. I have heard that you go to lunch with your friends or maybe someone with whom you work, have a good time, and then go back to work for the rest of the day. Not Missy Linda. She trudges upstairs, past the gate near the foot of the stairs, and goes into a huge room up there for hours at a time. (The gate is to keep out the cats who live here and the children who visit here.) Sometimes she goes up there really early in the morning, and sometimes she goes up there at night, and sometimes she goes up there in the middle of the day---it is never the same. She is seldom dressed like the people on television who go to work. She is usually wearing her jammies or something with a big stain or something on the verge of having a huge hole in an unseemly place. I won't even get into whether or not she combs her hair!

There are some kind of weird noises that come from up there, too. Sometimes I hear her yelling things that I can't quite understand, which is probably just as well. Usually there are noises like motors whirring, but sometimes motor noises that are much louder and have a sort of pounding sound at the same time. I am dying to find out what she is doing! As soon as I know, I will definitely pass along the information.

Anyway, I hope that you all have a splendid Presidents' Day. Look at it this way, when the mail doesn't come, there are no bills that day. Missy Linda counts that as a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wake up, Juana! Missy Linda is probably up there spinning gold from straw and cloth with all the motor noises and pounding racket. Did you ever think of that?
Pseudo Uncle