Saturday, February 2, 2008

Juana Survives Terrible Accident

Hi everyone,
Remember earlier that I said that I worried about Missy Linda and about me,too? That crazy person nearly killed me the other day! On Thursday it was a little icy, and it was snowing here. Well, we were on our way to class, and we were just driving along, minding our own business when----you guessed it: we started spinning in circles, and then we just flew up into the air and went THUD! into a big ol' ditch! At least I will give Missy Linda credit for making me ride strapped into the car seat in the back. I will admit that I usually throw a hissy fit when she straps me in back there. Now, I see the point. We just sat there a minute while she started thinking about what to do. By then, I felt it might be a good time to start worrying because this is a woman who thinks half the objects in the universe can be held together with homemade Play Doh. I mean, really. Anyway, she decided that if we could get going at all, we could drive horizontally along the edge of the ditch until we reached a place where the ditch was not deep. Well, low and behold, it worked. Thank goodness the ground was not too muddy, or we would still be there today---at least I know I would. Experience has taught me that she wouldn't hesitate to leave me in the freezing car. It is great that the damage to the front and back bumpers won't keep the car from running all right. At least, Missy Linda knows how much it will cost to get the car fixed if the homemade Play Doh won't hold. One of her sons Tio Kane, hit a car just like hers last week, and the bumper had to be replaced. What great luck! Well, I'll talk to you all later. I want to be sure to tell you about a party that I go to once a month. Hasta luego

No comments: