Friday, February 15, 2008

The Morning After

A chilly good morning to you all,
It is pretty cold here in central Oklahoma this morning! I know that because Missy Linda left me sitting close to the front door, and she has been running in and out taking out some trash and recycling. She prides herself on having more recycling volume than any of the neighbors, and she seldom has to use two trash cans because she recycles so much. She is so self-righteous! Maybe she has a lot of recycling because she gets more newspapers and magazines and catalogs than any person should be allowed to get. And besides that, she practically lives on those cola drinks that come in those big plastic bottles. Don't you humans have rules about things like that? If not, maybe you should make some!

At least Missy Linda is in a good mood today. Last evening she received a phone call from those other three little girls that she is always making such a big deal about. She is so shallow! "They are so sweet," she is always saying. "They are so cute and smart and adorable and mannerly and ......" she pronounces. I never hear her say things like that about me! A lot of the time she acts as if I don't even exist. What does a Styrofoam based tortilla keeper person have to do to get some attention around here? Sure, she takes me when she goes places-----sometimes, but she never takes me on any special outings or anything, just for me.

She is all happy because she has a play date with that little curly-haired girl this afternoon. She is getting out paints and stuff like that, and she is going to the store to get some snacks and things. Isn't Missy Linda a little "mature" for a play date?

Well, we shall see how it goes. I must figure out a way to get some of that attention.
I'll let you all know if I come up with a solution to my dilemma.

No comments: