Monday, March 31, 2008

Tornadoes Can Spoil Your Night!

Greetings all,
Oh, my goodness! I had no idea living in Oklahoma could be so exciting! I am not talking about that special kind of exciting when you feel warm all over and all twittery inside and just want to giggle or scream in delight. Oh, no. I'm referring to the kind of exciting when a wave of terror sweeps over you and you want to scream, but you have no voice, and you want to run, but you have no feet. (That last one is my special addition to my terror.) It seems that a tornado was close to Missy Linda's house in the wee hours of the morning! Tio Kane and Missy Linda were in the bathroom in the middle of the house with a baby mattress. (Again, one of those human things I do not comprehend.) Evidently, that is what people are supposed to do. This neighborhood did not have much damage, but one nearby was hit pretty hard.

Where do you suppose I was while they were hiding in the bathroom like little babies? You are correct if you guessed right in the middle of the dining table where I have been for several days now. I understand that I could have been sucked up into a big funnel and tossed about for no telling how far or how long! I have watched the Discovery Channel! Did anyone even think to grab me and carry me to safety? A resounding NO is the answer! Did they look for the dogs and cats? Of course, they did. Do dogs and cats have four feet each in order to run around? Of course, they do. Do I have any feet to fun around or away from danger? Of course, I do NOT! I think I had better go and reflect on how I am treated in this family. I might be looking for a new one. Anyone out there interested?


No comments: