Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Pat's Day

A glorious good morning to ya all,

How do I look in my beautiful St. Pat's Day outfit? I am as happy as a little Leprechaun with it! Don't I look as if I should be on America's Next Top Model? I could put that Tyra Banks in her place. All I need is a wind machine. (I suppose a fan would work for me, right?)

Now what else does one do on St. Patrick's Day besides wear green and romp in clover? All I have heard is that there is green beer to drink, corned beef and cabbage to eat, and sometimes parades. Is that all? That sounds good to me. I think I'll start with the green beer since I heard that the parade here was on Saturday. What kind of a trick is that? Why don't you people have your parades on the correct day? I still don't get you humans, and I'm beginning to wonder if I ever will.

I heard that Missy Linda is actually from a town named Shamrock, Oklahoma. I saw an article in the newspaper about that town recently. They were getting ready for the Irish holiday. The article said that about 125 people live there, but Missy Linda said that about 250 people lived there when she grew up there. The lady in the article talked about how they had celebrations every year. I wonder what kind of green beer Missy Linda drank when she was a kid because she said that she doesn't remember any celebrations for St. Patrick's Day. I just always listen and nod when she is talking to me about stuff that doesn't make sense to me. It seems like the safest way to go with her, don't you think?

I am a little sad today because those little girls who were coming to visit today are not coming until tomorrow. As long as they are coming, I guess it is all right though. Like I said, they do love me. I hope I get to ride along when Missy Linda goes to meet their mother in Tulsa to bring them here. They watch movies (frequently about princesses) in the car on the way here, and they have snacks and drinks and books to read. Doesn't that sound fabulous?

No comments: