Sunday, March 30, 2008

No Party for ME

Hi all,
Well, one of those little girls had a birthday party in Fayetteville yesterday. Did I get to go? Did I get to play party games? Did I get to have cake with melted wax on it? Did I get to go for a three and a half to four hour trip with Missy Linda's crazy driving to get there? Did I get to watch a little girl open gifts for what would have seemed like hours? Did I get to listen to Missy Linda sing with her weird CDs all the way over there? Did I get to be in the car when she stopped to get her mocha cappuccino with double caffeine? Did I get to witness a little girl and her sisters play with all the stuff she got at the party the rest of the afternoon at high decibels of giggling delight? Did I get to listen to the little girls' high decibel distress when perceived toy stinginess was occurring? Did I get to get back in the car with Missy Linda for the three and a half to four hour drive home after all this? You can tell by the title to this that the answer is a resounding, "NO!"

Hey, wait, maybe the day I had sitting on the dining table in a nice quiet house was not so bad after all. What do you think? Maybe kids' parties are not my thing, after all.

No comments: