Friday, March 28, 2008

The Stand-off

Groggy morning to everyone,
No, I haven't been drinking beer again. Unfortunately, the "Slumber Party" that Missy Linda and her friends have, had to be postponed to the first week of April this time. But, that means that they will have two parties that month. I don't get to be groggy for any fun reason this time. I couldn't sleep because Missy Linda and Button were having a big ol' argument half the night.

That precious little Button (right!) wanted to lie on the patio in her usual vantage point for surveying her world. The problem with that to Missy Linda was that she wanted to bark the whole time. Missy Linda would make Button come in the house, and then Button would start pestering Tio Kane to let her outside again. Tio Kane hates that! Missy Linda would make Button go into the bedroom with her, but wily dog that she is, Button would sneak out to annoy Tio Kane again. This went on and on and on and on. There is one thing about Shelties, though, in the end, one of the strongest urges they seem to have is to please their masters. That must be why Button would always come inside when Missy Linda got firm with her, but since Button is not dumb or easily persuaded to another's view point, she would immediately demand to go back outside. Poor Puck! He just tries to hide someplace and waits until it all blows over. FINALLY, it occurred to Missy Linda to shut the bedroom door after she and the dogs and the cats were all inside there. Duh! Why didn't she do that at the beginning? I don't know. The only explanation I have is that she is a human! You know how I feel about you all.

I'm beginning to feel that if it came down to my survival, I would choose Button over Missy Linda to figure out the best things to do to stay alive. Don't let Missy Linda know! Just picture my being heaved into that big ol' garbage truck with the giant squashing mechanism if you find yourself tempted to tattle. OK?

No comments: