Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Scary, Scary!


Greetings,

I'll bet that most of you guys think that I did not get in touch with you yesterday because Missy Linda was lazy or something, right? Well, that was not the case this time---as weird as that seems. Our computer was attacked by a horrible virus! It is a terrible one, I understand. It is called Vundo or VundoTrojan or Virtumonde or Virtumondo. See, right there is something strange---it has four different names!

Tio Kane has been working to get rid of it, but it is a very tenacious virus which attaches itself to different files at random so that it is hard to locate. It causes the infected web browser to put up advertisements which claim a need for software to fix the system. Do not click on these, even to close them.

Our computer still has the virus, but Tio Kane has found a safe way for us to get our emails and use Firefox. That is certainly all I need. I can shop all day if I have Firefox. Well, I am still a little afraid of this virus thing, so I am going to finish up for today, OK? Don't worry; it is not in my blog. I am not computer savvy enough to do that to someone else, and I would never harm my computer friends. You can count on me.

No comments: