Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolutions

Hello humans,

I understand that you all make resolutions for the new year which are things that you would like to do or accomplish or quit doing. Have you made any of those? Mine would be to just keep working at being fabulous! I think that is about all I can manage.

I heard Missy Linda say that hers would be to get dressed and put on her face at some point each day (unless she is actually sick or something). Wow! I am all for that! You wouldn't believe how she has let herself go around here. We have all suffered because of it. I am going to help and encourage her as much as I can to keep her resolution. She can scare away the Mormon missionaries and the Jehovah's Witnesses very well with just her acid tongue---she doesn't need to answer the door with no make-up and in her jammies (although that is a very effective tool).

Have I told you about the time that she made a door-to-door salesman get all teary eyed and say that he would pray for her? She is pretty good. If I could answer the door, I think that I could do a good job at repelling missionaries and salespeople, also. I can only hope that I can get that opportunity some day. I'll definitely tell you all about it if I get to do that, OK?

1 comment:

Ashley Funkhouser said...

I remember one time my junior year when I scared the daylights out of some mormon missionaries because I answered the door in my sports bra. I thought it was my mom... Yeah, they were a little bit freaked out.