Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Winter


Hi humans,

Well, I don't know where you are, but here in Edmond, OK, it is kind of wintry today. I think the weather dude said it is about fifty degrees, but it is wet and windy. Now, to humans farther north, that may not seem cold, and it's really not. However, I will guarantee you that if I were to go outside, I would smell the smoke from the fireplaces in the neighborhood. That's fine; I'm just saying it is getting to be like it should be at this time of year from what I've heard. This is the first October that I have been allowed to leave the house since I came to Oklahoma. If you remember, I spent my first few years here HEAD DOWN IN A SHOPPING BAG!

I think that Missy Linda and Tio Kane and a million or so other Okies are hoping that it will get cold enough to put a stop to the ragweed allergies. You know how they are about those things! I've never heard so much whining and sniffling and wiping of eyes.

I heard Missy Linda talking about how she is going to make some Halloween costumes later this week. I hope that I am on that list. She has been neglecting me, as you know. I think the least, and I do mean the least, she could do is to make me a costume for Halloween. Don't you think?

It seems that it is beginning to get sort of back to normal around here, but things are still a little quiet. I think that it might be that way for a little while. We will all miss Missy Sharon for a long time. Did I tell you that she was one of my fans?

No comments: