Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rays of Sunshine


Hello,

Well, this morning at the bird feeders there were five goldfinches. We have never had that many all at once. Tio Kane said that they should be called, "hi-lighter finches." He says they are much closer to that fluorescent yellow than they are to gold. Maybe he has a point. They were definitely eye-catching on such a dreary, drizzly morning. We also had a downy woodpecker that has been around some lately, plus some cardinals who are always here. And just to make the point from the other day---we did not buy the expensive food. Well, we buy the sunflower seeds because all the birds seem to like those, but we just get the store brand or whatever is the cheapest kind.

Don't get me wrong---Missy Linda thinks that Sunday is the best day for it to be dreary and drizzly and maybe a little cold. That gives her permission from the powers that be to just laze around in her jammies with no make-up and do her homework or whatever. She feels it gives her special permission to take a nap without guilt. I do not know how her mind works so I cannot explain where she gets her philosophy, but if it works for her, it makes my life easier.

Unfortunately, however, it means that I will be at home doing nothing. While that is a good policy for a day once in a while, I am tired of doing nothing. I guess I will just have to be content today with Missy Linda's being quiet and busy with her studying. I will have to convince myself that even though I don't get to do something I want to do, at least I don't have to do something I hate. Also, I suppose I could say that if I am at home, Missy Linda cannot publicly embarrass me or anything like that, which has happened before. I will learn to make the best of my situation each day. Isn't that mature of me? I'll let you know how that works out, ok?


No comments: