Sunday, July 27, 2008

What's So Bad About Crabgrass?

Good blazing morning!

How do you people in Oklahoma stand this heat? I am about to melt---and I do mean that literally. It has been so hot and dry here lately that I don't think I can bear it much longer! One thing I don't understand is; how can it be so dry and yet so humid? I don't want to hear some scientific explanation. Missy Linda already explained that (like she knows!) I want some kind of a cosmic or karmic or more meaningful explanation.

Here's another thing that I have been wondering about lately; what's so bad about crabgrass to you humans? Did crabgrass kill someone that the whole country held in high esteem? Did crabgrass offend an important person, and therefore, start a war? Did crabgrass torture a Gitmo prisoner? I just don't get it.

Missy Linda whines around all the time about how half the yard is crabgrass. She says she needs to buy some crabgrass killer and spray the yard to get rid of it. You know what I think? The parts of the yard that are mostly crabgrass look the greenest and the best. Today is the first time that Missy Linda has even watered the grass this year, and if it weren't for the crabgrass, the yard would all be brown.

So, I stand by my original question; What's So Bad About Crabgrass?

No comments: