Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Bastille Day

Greetings cake eaters,

As you may know, Bastille Day is the celebration of the anniversary of the beginning of the French Revolution. I read in a book that Marie Antoinette said, "Let them eat cake," when told that the peasants did not have bread to eat. I get the impression that those peasants did not like her little joke, huh?


However, the reason that I am particularly interested in Bastille Day is those French aristocrats had the most beautiful and exciting clothes, and they just did things that they enjoyed. Who would not want to celebrate that! I'll have tales to tell you how I celebrated the decadence soon. (I think that I plan to embrace the side of the revolution that most people shun.)

I am going to go back to telling you about Emma's party of Saturday evening. I met a most interesting fellow there by the name of Diego. He is really something! Evidently he has his own television show, and his name is one of about three words that Emma can say. Emma's sister Ryley has been quite taken with him for a couple of years now. Below is a picture of Emma introducing me to Diego. I must say that I believe the sparks were flying! You can see the excitement in the next picture of Diego and me. I'm sure he likes me, aren't you?


(

No comments: