Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Revolution Continues

Greetings to all the peasants out there,

Today, the revolution continues. Here you see me re-enacting the famous, "Let them eat cake " scene from the life of Marie Antoinette. You know the one....Someone tells the Queen, Marie Antoinette, that the peasants are starving because they have no bread. Then Marie is supposed to have said, "Then let them eat cake." Supposedly, reports to the peasants of this story made them pretty upset. Not long after that some people with torches stormed the Bastille, which was a prison.

The people stormed the prison because the Marquis de Sade (You know who that is, don't you?) screamed out the window that the prisoners were being massacred. The funny thing is the government was closing the prison and planned to tear down the facility when it was stormed. Thanks, peasants.
There was also a Count held in the Bastille who was involved, along with Marie, in some kind of scandal about a huge, and I mean huge, diamond necklace. Historians believe this was also a thorn in the side of the peasants and helped bring about the revolution.

Diamond necklaces. Cake.----I love it, don't you? Who but the French would get so uptight about such things?
I wanted to make sure that I showed you this close-up of my beautiful self, along with my fantastic wig. Is that not amazing? And what about that choker? I believe I am in my element. And it really wouldn't hurt me to be beheaded, would it?

No comments: