Friday, July 25, 2008

Wasps and Bugs and Bees, Oh My!

My dear peasants,

I come to you today to ask your help in something very important to me. I am afraid that I must ask you to take a respite from your revolution in order to help a friend of all of ours. As your Queen, I beg you to please consider my plea.
It has come to my attention that our friend,Missy Barb, has some varmints after her again! We must band together to help her overcome this horrible plague (even if she asks for it sometimes!) I heard just this morning that she was out trying to mow her lawn again, when out of nowhere, she was dive bombed by a bee! That's right, a bee! Right on her cheek (I'm assuming, one of the cheeks on her face)! I see no reason that she should have to be out trying to mow her own yard when she is a friend of Marie Antoinette, Queen of France. Some of you lazy peasants get over there to do her yard work for her. Right now!

There is more than one reason that I ask you to help my friend. One, obviously, is that these pesky flying menaces keep attacking her. Another is that she is going to embarrass the Queen by going outside to do her work in that get-up she insists will keep her safe. She wears something that she calls her "Jolly Green Giant Suit," which is what I would call a tight-fitting hazmat suit. Over that she wears jeans, shirt and socks, and to top off the whole ensemble, a hat AND a scarf.

Now, I don't know about you peasants, but it is embarrassing to the Queen for a person who is known to be her friend, to be dressed like that outside her home. Even if she is only in her own yard, she could still be seen. Please, help me by helping my friend. And if you catch her out dressed in that get-up, throw a net over her and throw her in the Bastille, where she can get some much-needed rest. She must be saved from herself before she has a heat stroke! Won't you help me, your Queen, help a friend?

No comments: