Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hard Work

Good morning, everyone,
And how are you this glorious morning? You will all be better off if you don't ask me how I am doing. However, I am going to tell you anyway! You can see by this picture that Missy Linda has made me work in the yard. I have no idea why, all of a sudden, I am supposed to do this human stuff. I am disabled! And I don't have feet! Do you know how hard it is to shovel when you have no feet?


Missy Linda made me help her plant some flowers. As you can see on the ground there, we have maple trees. These are the seeds that blow off the tree. We usually have at least ten thousand baby maple trees to sprout up in the spring. One year we had four huge garbage bags of these seeds that they raked up for disposal. Notice I said, "They raked up for disposal." In no way am I supposed to be involved in this work, and back then, I wasn't. What has gone wrong with my life?

Ok. Back to the subject at hand. You must admit, if you are truthful, that I look stunning in my beautiful garden work hat! I feel like Scarlet O'Hara. I believe her life got pretty crappy, and she had to work, too. Am I correct?
I am not sure if you can see it in these pictures, but Missy Linda has used twist ties and glue to hold together her trellis thing. It has been around a few years now. Heaven forbid that she should buy a new one! Since the flowers are supposed to climb up the thing, maybe she thinks that the plants will hold the trellis together. You wouldn't really be surprised if that is her plan, now, would you?




At least the flowers and I look beautiful together, don't we? Which do you think is more stunning? I just hope that Missy Linda's black thumb doesn't affect these flowers too much! You know, she is not known for her horticultural skills, don't you?

Look back there over my right shoulder. That plant is some kind of mint. Can you believe that mint can grow shoulder high? I heard Missy Carol and Missy Linda talking about mint one time, and they said that once you have it, it is there forever. So that is not a tribute to Missy Linda's gardening skills!

Well, I am exhausted, and my back is a little achy. I think I had better say, "Good-by," and go get some rest. Missy Linda has a magnet on her fridge that says, "They are wrong. Hard work has killed lots of people." What do you think she has in mind for me?

No comments: