Thursday, May 22, 2008

Working Hard

Good afternoon,

As you can see, I am very hard at work today writing to you. Thank goodness Missy Linda finally turned on the computer for me. She thinks she is busy today because she is actually doing a little housework for Parade of Cakes. It's not that she doesn't ever vacuum or anything; she just doesn't do the whole downstairs all at once unless someone is coming.
Missy Linda says that it's not that she doesn't appreciate a clean house, she just doesn't like to do the work to get it that way. She would much rather just piddle around and not do the real work. She has a coffee mug that says, "Housework? I'm busy crafting." I hope she doesn't expect me to do anything! If I can hardly get her to turn on a switch for me and lift me up into the computer chair, I am not in the mood to do anything for her.

Tomorrow the two oldest girls who are coming to visit, Maitlyn and Elspeth, are going to bring their bicycles. They can ride without their training wheels, and they want to practice here because Missy Linda lives on a cul-de-sac, and there are sidewalks. Where the girls live, they don't have sidewalks, and it is very hilly. They should be ready for some cake after that, don't you think?

No comments: