Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wildlife


Hello humans and most others,

We got a surprise here yesterday right in the middle of the day. Our bobcat came to visit again. He easily hopped over the back fence into the yard. He looked around to see what we might have for him to eat, I suppose, and he walked a little way across the yard. He stood on top of some railroad ties for a minute surveying the scene then effortlessly hopped back over the fence and disappeared into the underbrush. Tio Kane was in the kitchen so he got to see him, too. Sadly, by the time he got the camera, the bobcat had vanished.

Even though I'm glad Missy Linda didn't have any vulnerable small pets in the yard at the time, it is certainly amazing to me to see animals like that in the back yard. You remember, don't you, that they did not take me to the zoo with them? It's getting to be somewhat like our own personal zoo right here.

I have to admit that the bobcat was a lot bigger in real life than he appears in books. Of course, I suppose that most things are huge to me that aren't always that big to you people. Missy Linda said he was bigger than she thought bobcats are, too, though. I guess one of our goals around here will have to be to get a picture of the bobcat to show you all, right?

No comments: