Friday, February 20, 2009

Where is her Mind?


Good morning humans,

Missy Linda totally forgot to turn on the computer for me yesterday. Can you imagine? If you lived with her you could! She isn't really so much forgetful as she is scatterbrained, as her mother used to say. If she gets something entrenched in her mind, she lets it crowd out other things. This morning she told me that she just remembered that she forgot to go to her supplemental instruction (extra help) class yesterday afternoon at 4:00! She said she felt uneasy, but she fell asleep and didn't even think of it until this morning. She is lucky that they don't actually count absences. She will just make a bad grade if she doesn't "get" the material.

One thing that she was obsessed with yesterday was letting Dr. Givan know that she did not appreciate his portrayal of "Oklahoma women" who were students in his class in a story that he had published earlier. After she had read his story, and it festered in her brain a day, she was ready to blow! She knocked on his office door, and when he answered, she said, "I have come to beat you about the head and neck!"

When she explained why, he was all contrite. He offered her a cookie as a peace offering as he explained why he had portrayed the ladies as he had. She is still trying to think of a way to make him pay that doesn't involve breaking the law or any student/professor rules!

If you ask me (and you are reading my blog, so in a way, you are) she needs to straighten up and get in the game of my life! She is just letting her goofiness control my life! It's just not right! Just because I am inanimate and made of Styrofoam and plastic and whatever toxic chemicals they used when I was created, she thinks that I don't have feelings! If I didn't have feelings, would I be throwing this hissy fit right now?


No comments: