Friday, August 8, 2008

If I Were There

Good morning Olympic fans,
I am not able to actually go to the Olympics, but I am going to be there in spirit, aren't you? In the picture above, I am getting ready for Beijing by breathing smog---or at least, existing in smog. I don't know if I actually breathe!
Oh, my goodness! How would I ever find my way around this huge city! This is just a smoggy intersection that I would need to find if I were going to get around the place. I think that being as short as I am, I might be better off just imagining, don't you? I would probably be very afraid of getting lost. The only Chinese I speak are names of dishes from the Chinese take out menu that Missy Linda uses.
I would definitely make it a point to see this Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests in the Temple of Heaven complex. Is this not beautiful? It was built in 1420 in the Ming Dynasty, and the complex is larger than the Forbidden City. Missy Linda has quite a few Asian decor items in her house, so I have learned to appreciate many of the Asian styles. She likes to shop at the Asian stores in Oklahoma City. In the grocery stores, there are a lot more live creatures than you Americans have in your plain ol' stores. Well, I've got to stop and catch my breath for today! I can hardly wait until the opening ceremonies tonight, can you?

No comments: