Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Bowels of the Earth

Hello most humans and many others,

Well, I was totally shocked this morning when I heard on the national news that central Oklahoma is going to have a big earthquake. They don't know when or exactly how big it will be, but it is coming.

I have considered this situation, and I think I would be one of the last things that Missy Linda and Tio Kane grab to save. I picture that I will be left sitting on the table or worse, under the table. Then the house will start cracking, and it will split right down the middle because the fault, they will discover, is right here. I will start drifting down into the giant crack in the earth because I am not heavy enough to just fall quickly and get it over with. Then, because I am mostly Styrofoam with some polyester and some plastic, I will melt into a blob because I will have fallen so close to the center of the earth that it will be hot.

I hope I can float gracefully down to my eternal blobness and not scream and carry on like Missy Linda would. Maybe I will sing, like in the Sound of Music. If it happens before tomorrow, "Adieu, adieu, adieu, adieu, adieu."

No comments: