Monday, September 28, 2009

Are You Chomping at the Bit?


Hi there most humans and some others,

I didn't realize that I totally missed a whole day yesterday. I think I just tuned out so well to keep from hearing Missy Linda complain about her feet aching that I went a little too deep into the zone. Anyway, she seems to think that there should be some explanation as to why her feet hurt on the tops (she calls it her instep) all of a sudden. She says that this is the first time her feet have actually hurt very much since she started working, but she can't figure out why they hurt on the tops. Then she begins whining about how she wears the same shoes she has always worn to work there . . . That's when I slipped off to la-la land in my mind.

What I was actually wondering was if you are dying to know what "dog taters" and "potate-hose" are? Or are you like me, and just know it is something stupid since Missy Linda is involved? Anyway, these are the names of some toys with treats that Missy Linda makes for Mr. Nelson. She calls them "dog taters," and Tio Kane calls them "potate-hose." Adorable, right? (gagging sound in the background)

Anyway, you know from my descriptions that Missy Linda is not the richest woman in the world, right? Well, there is a hole (or several holes) in one (or two) of the big easy chairs in the family room from which Mr. Nelson enjoys pulling out the stuffing. He doesn't make any new holes or anything. He just works with what is right in front of him. Since he enjoys the fluffy filling so much, (he doesn't eat it, just pulls it) Missy Linda makes him toys from pieces of old pantyhose stuffed with fiberfill and knotted on each end. In the middle of the stuffing she puts treats.

Of course, this makes a mess when Mr. Nelson must rip open the orbs to get to the treat, but Missy Linda doesn't seem to mind cleaning up a mess of his! She says that these keep Mr. Nelson busy longer than the toys at the store that are made to have treats hidden in them. She says he needs to have things to keep him busy when she is not here so he won't be too lonely. I really hope that she doesn't cause me to start resenting sweet Mr. Nelson!

No comments: