Thursday, June 25, 2009

Progress


Hello humans and most others,

Well, our little Mr. Nelson is making progress. He went for his second "walk/drag" this morning. He has to be forced at the beginning (like the whole first half of the walk), but then he will walk by Missy Linda just the way he is supposed to do on the way back to the house. I am thinking that when he gets a little more accustomed to walking that I could put a saddle fit for a lovely Tortilla Keeper Person on him, and I would be able to go along with them. Sounds like a great idea, doesn't it? Perhaps I would be able to make some new friends so that I would not have to depend on Missy Linda for my social life.

We finally got around to checking Mr. Nelson's weight yesterday. He weighs in at a whopping 12.5 pounds. He looks bigger than that, but he is kind of slim. He didn't eat a lot when he first got here, but he is doing fine now. He is getting less shy, too. This morning when Missy Linda got up, he started darting around and making a funny noise and sliding (not on purpose) on the tile floor! Missy Linda didn't know if he was hungry, needed to potty, or was glad to see her, but she was glad to see him feeling better about living here. Me, too. When he gets to be one of us completely, I am hoping that Missy Linda will quit spending so much attention on him and will put it back on me where it belongs. Doesn't that seem like the right thing to do?

No comments: