Saturday, June 6, 2009

It's That Time of Year


Greetings humans and most others,

It is that most distressing time of year for Missy Linda - - - time for reunions. Oh, my! You can't imagine how much she hates those things. I am not sure what her problem is, although I assume it has more to do with her than with things or people from the past. You know how she is sometimes!

She got an invitation for a reunion of her high school graduating class. Holy crap! My ears are still ringing from her carrying on! I am guessing that she is not very friendly with her former classmates. I'm a little afraid to attempt to find out what happened back then (but if I discover anything, you'll be the first to know,) but it must have been something! From the way she acted, I'm considering going to the hometown newspaper archives to see if there was something on the front page that was something humiliating for her. Surely there are some skeletons in her closet - - - some very, very big ,scary skeletons!

I must say that Pseudo Uncle, who is Missy Linda's brother, seems to enjoy reunions (except family ones). Almost every year he attends a reunion that involves the whole town where he grew up. He likes to catch up with all the people from his childhood. Missy Linda has made it clear that she is not interested in accompanying him even though she lived in the same town until she was fourteen years old. Go figure!

In case you didn't get it, she will respectfully decline the invitation to reminisce with her old school mates.

1 comment:

lkj said...

I had to travel all the way to Scotland to encounter someone with the same name, but several times this morning, I have seen a break in the news as they cut to "Elspeth Badger" in the field reporting on one matter or another - usually local politics. She's a lovely lady with straight, light, brown hair and wide, flat, rectangle specs.