Sunday, July 12, 2009

Good Job

Greetings humans and most others,

I just wanted to show everyone that Missy Maitlyn got her hair cut to send to Locks of Love. She decided a while back that she would wait to cut her hair until it was long enough to send in to this charity. She did it!

This organization makes wigs for sick children who otherwise would have to do without the normalizing feeling of having hair if they have lost their hair due to illness or treatment for an illness. These hand made human hair wigs would be cost prohibitive, especially added to the cost of medical treatment for a child who is seriously ill. I would do it if I could, but my hair is a little too petroleum-based for their needs. Also, my hair doesn't really grow very fast, if at all.

Anyway, good job, Missy Maitlyn.

No comments: