Friday, January 14, 2011

Obsessed


Hello most humans and many others,

Have you all been watching any of those shows about hoarding that are on television right now? I must say that I find it fascinating to observe human behavior through your shows - - - since that's about all I'm allowed to do these days of not going anywhere or doing anything. As you know Missy Linda doesn't go anywhere but work and school, and I am not invited to visit even those places. I'll guarantee you all that she hasn't been any place fun or interesting since I don't even know when! I personally feel that she owes it to me to try to "show me around" the human world, don't you?

But, back to the hoarding shows. I can certainly comprehend you people who save things or collect things in order to make other things or that you just like. (Maybe that's why I haven't ended up in the landfill!) I really have a comprehension problem, though, when it comes to the actual trash - - -stuff like all the wrappers, rotten food, and things that constitute garbage.

I will say that Tio Kane had what I think is a viable idea last evening. He suggested that people who hoard could gather up some of their stuff and put it to use. If they are helping others, maybe it would be more palateable to them to give away parts of their stashes. Also, if they actually take their things to places where people need whatever they have or where there have been disasters causing others to need everything, maybe it would be easier for them to separate from the belongings. Tio Kane suggested it could be a non-profit organization called, "Hoarders Without Borders." What do you think?

No comments: